Tuesday, October 2, 2012

much more than a desert








One of my favorite things about moving to Albuquerque, NM is all the time I've spent outside. This city has an incredible amount of open space, within the city or just outside, for hiking, picnicking, and just plain moseying. When I can, I take pictures, because I think one of the greatest gifts of the modern age is  digital photography and the ability it grants us to share moments and places with people who are far, far away.

So, above are some glimpses I've recorded of walks and hikes that I've been on recently. As you can see, New Mexico is not just desert like many people picture the southwest to be. There are farms and forests and fields a plenty. There is also the desert, make no mistake. I the combination of all these landscapes help make New Mexico such a magical place.


No comments:

Post a Comment