Sunday, October 21, 2012

Autumn Strolls







I take so much pleasure in my neighborhood strolls here in the northeast quadrant of Albuquerque. This area is very suburban in style with cozy cul-de-sacs and corners lined with all manners of houses that you just know someone's grandma lives in. All the streets are tree-lined and there's never a park too far away. In the fall and spring these walks are especially lovely, and you can see why above. 

I've pictured here a couple spots where I like to sit and read or stitch in the park across the street. I've played tennis there once or twice as well. You can also see a couple of my favorite surprises from the neighborhoods- an old turquoise gate, a beloved VW Bug. And just this morning, during a quiet Sunday stroll with Brian leashed in one hand and a mug of apple cider snug in the other, I collected a pile of all the gorgeous types of foliage that inspire me on these walks.

Be present in your life, and your life will present you much happiness and beauty.




No comments:

Post a Comment