Sunday, October 2, 2011

'Ladies Work' Kickstarter Launches Today


I am so excited to announce that today I launch my Kickstarter Campaign, "Ladies Work." Kickstarter, for those who aren't familiar with it, is a web-based, grassroots fundraising tool designed to help creative individuals raise money to fund creative projects in all sorts of disciplines. 


My project is to fund the creation of an at home textiles lab that will afford me the opportunity to complete a series of 20 unique, textile paintings that I began to work on during my last semester at San Francisco State University.  You can view images of the works on my website. Or you can hit the play button on the video above for more information on the project.


 I am hoping to raise $1500 to fund this project. The money raised will help me to purchase supplies and equipment like linen fabric, dyes, inks, and processing chemicals, electric burners and heavy pots, screen printing and block printing materials, safety equipment like rubber gloves and masks, a padded work-top, and framing supplies for the finished works. You can see more of the supplies I need on Pinterest.


Briefly, Kickstarter works like this: I launch a project page with details about the campaign including a nifty video. Supporters of the project then pledge contributions at various levels at this site. Each pledge level is rewarded by gifts from me, the artist, such as handwritten thank you's, archival prints, and even original art works. Once the pledge goal is reached, in this case $1500, the funds are delivered to me, the artist, at which point I begin work on the series and shipment of rewards. But Kickstarter works on an 'all or nothing' platform, so if the pledge goal isn't reached and the project cannot be fully pledged, no funding will exchange hands. This protects both me, the artist, from having to half-assedly produce the project, and you, the supporter, from having to fund a half-assedly produced project. It's clearly a win-win.


Thank you so much for reading this far. You are clearly interested in the project. Do you think you can help? If so head over to my Kickstarter page and pledge to the level of your choice, lots of fun incentives await you. If you would also like to share this project with others, the Kickstarter page has a number of ways to share including a link to Facebook and embedded code for the video above to post on your own blog.

Thank you, again, folk-art-life readers. I hope this inspires some of you to begin your own project on Kickstarter. If you do, let me know. I would love to support you, too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment