Monday, July 25, 2011

Made This: Gingham Check Sorbetto





So, I am very excited. Last night I made my first piece of clothing from a real pattern (read: not sketched out by me on old brown paper bags). It's the Sorbetto pattern from Colette Patterns and you can download it for free on their blog. I made it about one size too big I think but it's still adorable and very comfortable. I think I'll try for another version in black cotton, a size smaller. This gave me all the confidence I need to get going on the two other Colette patterns I bought a while back- Beignet and Sencha

One of the things I really wanted to do after we moved from San Francisco to Albuquerque was to start sewing my own clothes. I'm so glad I finally took the plunge. This is going to be fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment